SCHEDULING ORDER - The fairness hearing set July 18, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. will now be held via video conference. The court will contact counsel by separate email with the information to be used to participate in this hearing. The public may listen to the hearing scheduled for July 18, 2022 by calling 1-646-828-7666. Participants will be required to enter Meeting ID 160 919 3187 and Passcode 413544 before being connected to the hearing. All participants granted remote access to proceedings are reminded of the general prohibition against photographing, recording, and rebroadcasting of court proceedings. Violation of these prohibitions may result in sanctions, including removal of court issued media credentials, restricted entry to future hearings, denial of entry to future hearings, or any other sanctions deemed necessary by the court. Signed by Judge Tanya Walton Pratt on 7/7/2022. (AKH)
If you used a credit, debit, or other payment card for payment to Herff Jones, LLC between August 1, 2020 through April 30, 2021, you may be eligible for benefits from a data breach class action settlement.
A court authorized the notice. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
April 12, 2022 — Objection Deadline
April 12, 2022 — Exclusion Deadline
May 12, 2022 — Claim Form Deadline
July 18, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. ET — Final Hearing Date
- A settlement (the “Settlement”) has been proposed with Herff Jones, LLC (“Defendant”) in lawsuits asserting claims against Defendant relating to a data security incident that occurred between August 1, 2020 through April 30, 2021 (the “Data Incident Period”), arising from a third-party criminal cyberattack involving the placement of malware targeting customers’ payment card information (the “Data Incident”). Defendant denies all of the claims. The Settlement does not establish who is correct and is not an admission of fault, but rather is a compromise to end the lawsuit.
- The Settlement includes, subject to certain limitations, all Persons residing in the United States whose Personal Information (as defined in the Settlement Agreement, found here) was exposed or potentially exposed in connection with the Data Incident, including but not necessarily limited to all Persons who were mailed a notification by or on behalf of Herff Jones between or around the period of May 12, 2021-June18, 2021 regarding the Data Incident (the “Settlement Class”).
- The Settlement makes Settlement Class Members who submit valid claims eligible to receive cash payments, including for certain documented unreimbursed out-of-pocket expenses and time spent that resulted from the Data Incident.
Your legal rights are affected even if you do nothing. Read this website carefully.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT|
Submit a Claim
|This is the only way to get benefits under this Settlement.|
Ask to be Excluded
|Get no benefits. This is the only option that allows you to bring your own lawsuit against Defendant related to the Data Incident.|
|Write to the Court about why you do not think the Settlement is fair, reasonable, or adequate.|
Go to the Hearing
|Ask to speak in Court about the fairness of the Settlement.|
|Get no benefits from the Settlement. Give up rights to submit a claim for the Settlement benefits or to bring a different lawsuit against Defendant related to the Data Incident.|
- These rights and options – and the deadlines to exercise them – are explained in the notice.
- The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to grant final approval of the Settlement. No cash payments will be made until after the Court grants final approval of the Settlement and all appeals, if any, are resolved.